Manor Royal

260 acres to the north of the town were designated as the main industrial area. Princess Elizabeth officially opened the Manor Royal Industrial Estate on 25th January 1950. By 1951 factories were built on the main road, Manor Royal, and Crompton Way. Kelvin Way, Gatwick Road, Napier Way, Maxwell Way, Fleming Way and Rutherford Way were developed between 1953 and 1959. Priestley Way followed in 1963, Fleming Way was extended from 1968 and by 1985 Whittle Way and Cobham Way were added together with an extension of Gatwick Road.

Manor Royal, Crawley 1948-1980, Sussex Industrial History No. 47 (2017)

Crawley Avenue
Crawley Avenue, between Tushmore Roundabout, London Road, the junction of Hazelwick Avenue and Gatwick Road, and the M23 opened in 1975, and was extended to Copthorne in 1984.

Hyders Hall, Gatwick Manor Inn, London RoadGrade II* Listed (1948)
One bay of what was originally a two bay 15th century moated open hall; part of the moat remains. It was subsequently altered and extended.

Rowley FarmhouseGrade II* Listed (1948)
Late 16th century timber framed early smoke bay house altered and extended in the 20th century with brick infill on the ground floor and tile hung first floor. The house was owned by the Culpeper family.